Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Builder's Manuals

Default Builder's Manuals

Has anyone found it useful to purchase or download a later Series manual to see what updates could be applied to an earlier kit? For example, would it be worthwhile to have a Supersport manual when building a Series 5? It might show what parts are available prefabricated, where in the earlier kit, more fabrication had to be done, or it might show a better way to do something as new series built on the experience of earlier designs.

Default Re: Builder's Manuals

Bpb.

I don't know if you are still waiting for or received an answer somewhere else? I just read your post and was wondering the same thing. Some parts of my manual are missing and I was curious about your downloading comment in your post. Can we download manual parts somewhere? Dave, Cincinnati

Hi,

Good point, didn 't think of it yet. Now I'm building a IV, and you've got a 5 - isn't there a way that I can get a copy of your manual?

Hans Labruyere
    the Netherlands

Hans, I don't think that would ba advisable. Mine being a 5 and yours a 4 could cause a lot of problems for you and guilt for me. If it caused you difficulty with measurements and important details that are different between models.

If anyone has a IV Manual for download somewhere I would be very thankful.

Please remember the manuals are copyright material.

We have the manuals for sale in print form.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

John you're right....sorry

I have the paper one and I looking for a softcopy version..... maybe an idea for the company too ??

Cheers Tuna

John, That's what I was trying to say in my post. I paid for my plans when I purchased my kit from one of your previous builders. I have a set of helicopter plans that I will not copy. They are for sale, but not to copy. It is not fair to the designer / manufacturer. I am still new to the Kitfox family and I didn't know if Kitfox did not have such a pay as you go service. I would be interested in a manual "service" that could be administered by Kitfox. I also understand it is a big job to keep such a webpage updated. The biggest appeal for me is when I look through plans it is so easy to do a search for just the right page as opposed to paging through. Don't get me wrong. I am a firm believer in the printed assembly manual. It's just some times very convenient electronically.