Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ss7 build is coming together

Default Re: ss7 build is coming together

The lace spacing is 2.5 inches. That's not reinforcing tape on the false ribs its finish tape.
    Ken

Thank you much Ken. Your ss7 is looking good.
    Leonardo.

The basic spacing is 2.5", but you have to adjust this somewhat so you miss the underlying cross bracing and still end up with nice straight lines of rib lacing. I used a 1" wide strip of fiberglass trimmed from the wingtips and marked my rib lace positions on it so I could then move it from one rib to the next and make sure all laces missed structural braces on all ribs. It took a few tries before I settled on a final rib lace pattern.

Also, you should purchase a builder's manual and a Polyfiber covering manual from Kitfox, if you don't have these already. They explain in detail where all the finish tapes go.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Poly-fiber manual and DVD should be on the mail box today or tomorrow. Good idea on the fiberglass strip.
    Leonardo