Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Firewall Blanket

Question

Trying to get the firewall blanket cut and installed. I'm missing that part of the manual. Do you cut around all those brackets that mount to the firewall or does it go in between the accessories brackets an the firewall. Looks like a lot of cutting. Are you guys just cutting and glue or sewing to fit, Any firewall to blanket fasteners?

I know its a boring subject, but could someone throw me a bone on this one?

Default Re: Firewall Blanket

Hi if your asking about cutting around say the engine mount etc, on mine no cutting out just a hole in the blanket and the engine mt squeezes down on the blanket. To my way of thinking cutting out for everything pretty negates the blanket. If you go to my album you can see the fire blanket on the plane as I added the engine mt etc.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

Default Re: Firewall Blanket

Thanks for the response MnFlyer. Nice pics which I can use for other issues and a good lookin bird to boot. Sure wish I was mounting that HKS instead of my 582. Sorry 2-cycle fans.