Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Hi , I will like to share the update on my kit fox 1994 vixen 5
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plucked up all my courage the other day and started cutting my new panel for the Mangy Fox…

The greatest hits being: Dynon D180, Garmin 500 in a Gizmo, iCom A210, Garmin GTX 327.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Real wood veneer over aluminum. I think i will eventually mount an iPad in place of the panel i have now.

Well I have finally got my upgraded the Panel on N703KA, went from an AF3500 to the AF5600. It was a fun swap. The week I got it in I ended up getting Diverticulosis again, 2 weeks of bed rest, liquid diet, 7 days of 2 different antibiotics, and a $1800 Cat Scan, and I’m doing better. All I have left to do is all of the calibrations work setting up the Oil Sensors, Fuel Sensors, Water Temps, Com Radio, Transponder, and calibrate the Magnetometer.

I also replaced the tail wheel tube, it was almost flat on my last landing. I aired it up after the last flight before sending off my AF3500, and then when I got the AF5600 in I went to the airport and found it flat again. I bit the bullet, ordered a new tube, when I pulled the wheel, the tube had a small wheel pinch. I plan on getting a tire patch, and fix the hole so I can use it as a spare. I also did a through exam of the engine and found that I was missing one Exhaust springs, got that ordered, and then noticed the bracket for the electronics module on top of the engine broke again, so I’ll be ordering another one, tomorrow, and get that replaced.

Then I’m ready to go flying.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul,

Your upgrade looks great, bet you can't wait to get back in the air with it. I am just about done with the installation of my panel that has the Garmin G3X Touch 10" screen and can't wait to power it up. I won't be long and I will be posting a picture in this thread.

Reading about your bracket that cracked again and missing exhaust springs I am curious if you have done a dynamic balance on your prop. Sometimes these things happens from vibration coming from the engine & prop.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I got all of my wiring done today other than hooking up the harnesses that go in the wing (nav, strobe, landing lights and magnetometer). After confirming all of the circuits and plugs to my Garmin G3X plugs we turned on the master switch. Next we checked one circuit at a time, cranked the engine and booted up the G3X. I was nervous, but everything worked great. What an exciting day!
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

WaHoo, I got it all set up. The Com Radi is connected & interfaces with the AF 5600. I successfully flipped channels on the Advanced Flight, and then selected the Tower, Grround a Control, etc. You can see the channels match on the Garmin & the AF. Tomorrow I go out and do the two step dance (360 spin) with her to set the Magnatometer, and I'm ready to go flying. Looking at the heading it's damned close without doing the Calibration of the Magnatometer.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Sweeeeeet. And to think, I have to look out the windo to see that view!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

I get to see the view also, both outside the cockpit and inside. The nice thing is the font on the Engines Instruments are large enough for me to read. I don't need to take off my glasses, and put my face about 6 to 9 inches from the advanced flight system to read the numbers. . I can now read them with my glasses and sit back and enjoy the flight.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Here's mine as of today. All MGL.

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg