Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Lines from Tanks?

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Fuel Lines from Tanks?

I have heard, somewhere and awhile ago, of the rotax mechanical pump reducing flow when dirt or debris blocks a small screen in it.

This could possibly be on the older pump style.

Should not be an issue if you have a filter before it and use clean filtered fuel.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Default Re: Fuel Lines from Tanks?

I have the newer fuel pump on my 912uls and I tested gravity fuel flow thru the fuel pump that was not running but was in good condition. Flow thru the pump was definitely less than when measured with the line disconnected just before the pump. I have no filters or shut-off valves in the lines from tanks to header; one shut-off in the console; one inline filter just before the fuel pump; no electric boost pump. A non-running pump is a definite restriction and I would think probably would prevent WOT operation, but would still allow the engine to run continuosly at a lower throttle setting. Of course this could all change if the pump were damaged and loose debris causes additional blockages.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS