Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance ?

Default insurance ?

I am looking at a kitfox 4 with a 912. I called the insurance company and was quoted 2500 per year, for a student pilot with 15 hours. Ouch. Does that seam high? It was with regal insurance in Oregon.

Default Re: insurance ?

I use a company in Montana called Mountain air. About 1200 dollars a year. I have about 800 hours in foxes and some tailwheel in cubs. I fly skis in the winter with no additional charge.

For a student in an experimental tail dragger - I think that rate is in the ballpark. After you have your license and some Kitfox time your rates should come down to around where Wheels indicated.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet when I posted. Av8er is right about the "student pilot, experimental" points for your first insurance. I did pay that when I started and I was with Avemco.

Out of currency with a commercial instrument with Ten hours of tailwheel time as they require, I was quoted about 2200 Avemco.

I just renewed the Mangy through Falcon (EAA) with Old Republic Aerospace insurance company. $1011/year with $50k hull.

I'm Private and Instrument with about 600 hours in type.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Bill White in Corona, CA. I was quoted $1400 with very little tailwheel time.

Falcon gave me $1,430 for 103 hours of Powered Parachute time and 19.8 hours tailwheel time. Requires 2 hours dual instruction in my KF IV and 1 hour solo before taking passengers. I will do alot more time than that of course before taking anyone up.
    Wes

I'm at about 2500 hrs just in the kitfox. nobody here is even close to what I pay out. it's real looooow
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

I was at $1800 per year with Falcon for $30k hull value. Student pilot with 20 hours. This was a couple years ago.

Saved me a fortune in the long run and gave me a free plane. My plane suffered a broken axle from a hard landing after a partial power loss which damaged the gear mounts. The insurance company totaled the plane and I bought it back for $3000. After putting a few thousand into it to repair it its almost ready to fly again. I insured mine for a hull value that was quite a bit more than I paid for it so the insurance company ended up cutting me a check for $27k which was more than I paid for the plane and I got to keep the plane.

I remember debating whether or not I wanted the hull coverage but I'm glad I took it.