Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Vertical Power Wire Harness Kit

Default Vertical Power Wire Harness Kit

Has anyone used the Vertical Power electronic CBs? I think I may want to go this route for a whole slew of reasons. Anyone who has gone this way, pros and cons?

Also, has anyone used the Wire Harness Kit? Is it a good value? Or did you find it didn't have enough of what you needed or too much left over? I am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff without any guiding hands around.

The kit list is at this link:

http://verticalpower.com/_images/_li...h_vpxsport.png
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Default Re: Vertical Power Wire Harness Kit

Good morning Josh
    Hope your not like me and use Apple products. Between my Garmin stuff and my Vertical Power XP I have to go purchase a PC too in order to program the stuff. Didn't see that expense coming. I suppose I could borrow someone's lap top but who can do without their computer for a few days? Haven't installed yet and I have my cables being made at Aircraft Spruce so can't really help with the questions.
    Eddie

Didn't use it on my Kitfox, but we used it on my brothers RV-10. Like the system a lot. Was leary in the beginning but glad we used it. After the short learning curve works great. Don't remember any issues with wiring.
    David E.
    Woodstock, Georgia
    N97DE S5 TD Flying

N97KE RV-9A Sold
    N96KE RV10 Sold
    Rans S21 Helping Brother Build (Selling)
    Vans RV-14A (On Order)

Yeah I am kind of torn. For the price it seems like good value for a modern system and I have an EFIS anyway. But since I want to wire my two fuel pumps and EFI ECU to be redundant with breakers I am wondering if I should just wire the whole thing traditional...

I am all Apple but my wife has a PC
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3