Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Model 7 Speedster

Default New Model 7 Speedster

Anyone have an other info? I was listened to the podcast and all that was really said was that it was bigger, more gross weight, faster but same Vne.

Any insider knowledge?
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Default Re: New Model 7 Speedster

Josh,

What podcast? Do you have a link, I'd like to hear it!

Greg

This is where I found it.
    http://www.airplanegeeks.com/tag/ge9x/

I'm sure the larger gross weight reference was with reguard to the original Speedster which was a model 4 at 1200 lbs. gross weight.
    Doubting they have done any redesign on the airframe. The "larger" reference was also in comparison to the model 4 Speedster. The 7 is larger than the original.

The podcast is available on Kitfox Aircraft Facebook page.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    I'm sure the larger gross weight reference was with reguard to the original Speedster which was a model 4 at 1200 lbs. gross weight.
    Doubting they have done any redesign on the airframe. The "larger" reference was also in comparison to the model 4 Speedster. The 7 is larger than the original.

The podcast is available on Kitfox Aircraft Facebook page.
    Ah that makes sense. I did not think kitfox would put out a new airframe so that makes sense.

I think it's really smart with what they are doing, one product with three wing options, and three gear options. Gives a wider mission for people considering it.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Versatility in engine choice and now wing choice too. Thought the debut was going to be at AirVenture. Airplane geeks got the scoop.
    Hope Kyle Franklin will fly it at Oshkosh like his father did with the first Speedster.

IMG_4437.JPG

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Well.. time to let the proverbial cat out of the bag..

We have been planing an introduction of the Series 7 SPEEDSTER for 2 years now and here it is... We considered calling it a Kitfox Koupe but decided to keep the heritage to the Speedster.

Powered with a 912iS, Streamline Aluminum Spring Gear, Laker Leading Edge, Chrome-moly streamline lift struts, jury struts and horizontal tail struts, 28ft wing span, symetrical flaperons, 500-5 wheels with custom wheel pants, 6" Aviation products tailwheel... There are still some other features to come but simply ran out of time to get them done for Oshkosh...

Here is the press release just sent out..

Kitfox Aircraft has decided that it is time to create the future by looking at Past success. The year was 1992, and Kitfox arrived at AirVenture with a new and instantaneously popular design, the Kitfox Speedster. Further excitement was added to the introduction of this remarkable little plane when it was flown almost daily by the late Jimmy Franklin in a low altitude acro routine that could simply not be ignored.

That was a generation ago, what about the new pilots who want something more than a plane that just flies straight and level. Kitfox has given the 21st Century an answer to flying boredom, and sure enough, it bears the name “Speedster.” Working from the very successful and robust Kitfox S7 Super Sport, Kitfox has created a clipped wing, aerodynamically refined and superbly stylized tail dragger that is guaranteed to get the heart rate up to redline. With Rotax fuel injected power, the 2017 Kitfox Speedster is significantly larger and faster than its earlier namesake, with a great useful load and excellent short field performance. With clipped wings and other refinements, the handling can only be described as “acro-like.” Say goodbye to dull. Visitors at this year’s EAA AirVenture 2017 MUST take the time to visit Kitfox at show site 634 & 635 and see this plane’s outrageous color, paint scheme and new logo that can only be described as “21st century classic,”

John McBean, President of Kitfox Aircraft does offer one word of caution, “Be sure to bring some napkins, drooling is to be expected.” And there is a hint that even more surprises may await those who make the AirVenture pilgrimage this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Thumbs up Re: New Model 7 Speedster

A touch of retro straight out of the future.

The Speedster returns!
    Paint scheme looks great on her. Logo on the T-Deck nice touch. Looks fast.
    Great photos.
    Airshow quality smoker onboard.
    Nice wheel pants.
    Save me a flight John.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Drooling already...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

John,
    Thanks for the report. Now I can tell the whole story. Looked Great in April at a glance, looks better with all the pictures.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel