Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Lift strut fairings

Default Lift strut fairings

I have a kit fox41200 and want to know what kind of speed/climb improvements to expect after I put them on? They are the kF factory lift struts?
    Last edited by Kitfox41200; 11-02-2016 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to some content

Default Re: Lift strut fairings

I gained 10 mph cruise speed after installing the PVC wing strut fairing on a Classic IV. 75 mph before and 85 mph after fairing. I never did a proper climb test after fairing. I did notice a significant decrease in power off sink rate. Making turn to final at same height and distance as before fairing I ended up a couple 100 feet further down the runway.

This is with a 52 HP 503 Rotax. I suspect cruise speed improvement with higher HP engines won't be as significant but that's just a gut feeling.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Default Re: Lift strut fairings

10 mph by just putting them on. The factory SLSA has the fairings finished a lot better, but to be perfectly honest mine have not bothered me enough to finish them. I would definately say this is a worthy speed mod-