Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Help!!!! Flap rigging on a model 2 or 3

Default Help!!!! Flap rigging on a model 2 or 3

Can anyone help me with how to set the flap travel on a model 2 or 3. Should the flap handle go all the way to the floor for the 0 position and how may inches off the floor with the flap handle would equal about 20 degrees on the flaperons?any info would be great.

Default Re: Help!!!! Flap rigging on a model 2 or 3

Here is a picture of the flap handle on my KF3. Note that there are 3 detents for position. The total movement is not that much for the 3 settings. On the earlier Kitfoxes, the flap works more as a trim than traditional flaps.

IMG_1214.jpg

Ralph
    Livermore, CA

So Ralph how far or how many degrees do your flaperons when you put them on all the way?

Ralph if you don't know the degrees of travel. how many inches up is the handle from the floor measured at the end of the yellow portion of your handle?

I didn't build my Kitfox, so I do not know the build set-up process, I do have the manuals, but a quick scan did not show the process.
    Tomorrow, if I remember while at the hangar, I will measure the throw at the end of the handle for each of the 3 settings.

Ralph

Ok, I finally had a chance, and remembered to get some pictures for you. In the following pictures I placed my scale next to the flap lever to show the distance from the floorboards for each of the 3 positions. I then placed the scale next to the position notches so you could see the distances for those.
    This is the most upper position
    IMG_2410.jpg

The middle position
    IMG_2411.jpg

The lower position
    IMG_2412.jpg

The next 2 photos show the length of the flap arm and the detents on the selector stop plate. The Phillips screw head is a stop.

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

Ralph
    Livermore, CA