Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oshkosh

Default Re: oshkosh

Here's the group. It was a great time. You are all very welcome, I enjoyed it too! I just wish I could have spent more time talking to everyone.

Party.jpg

No problem with the cart ride, Paul. I'm sorry I had to bail from the STOL show, I needed to attend the award ceremony for the UL judging.

Same place next year?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I'm the one on the right with the kitfox shirt the kitfox hat with the beautiful woman in the red and white shirt.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

now with that said, this was another very great Osh. I have found out how to take the kaos out of going. I take the blue airplane (southwest) fly into midway in Chicago, then I rent a car, drive up to Waupun Wi. each day we drive in and it takes about 25 minutes. Our total cost with 3 days in Osh, about 2000 dollars, that's rental car, motel, food, and flight, along with admission to airventure. way cool time, enjoyed meeting up with everybody on Friday night. my favorite has to be the ultralights along with the stol compititions. My wife liked the warplanes, so did I. We took their little tour around everything over there. the Pioneer airport was real cool as well as the museum. We made our way over to the float plane airport as well. Our favorite thing to eat was a sandwich at subway, roast beef with cheese lettuce tomato and ranch dressing, yum. there was a little restaurant on the way in that had French toast to die for, homemade bread big and thick, yum. Tarberts was the name on highway 26. Already planning on next year, same time, same way, same motel. Now to wait the year.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Sorry I didn't make it to the party. I was double booked. Looks like a handsome group
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I decided to go about 2 weeks before the Fly In. I had to wait for July 27th to leave, my wife & my anniversary is July 26th. I decided to drive up from Dallas, I was thinking of camping, but then I came to my senses, and decided to get a Dorm Room. So I called with very short notice to the University of WI Oshkosh, surprisingly I got an air conditioned room. The room was about $125 per night. The city of Oshkosh runs a shuttle bus service is $30 for the week all you can ride. I parked my truck and only used it one night to go to Appleton to have dinner. I like the University Cafe for breakfast, fast and very reasonable price i believe it was $8.

Personally I really like staying at the dorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
    now with that said, this was another very great Osh. I have found out how to take the kaos out of going. I take the blue airplane (southwest) fly into midway in Chicago, then I rent a car, drive up to Waupun Wi. each day we drive in and it takes about 25 minutes. Our total cost with 3 days in Osh, about 2000 dollars, that's rental car, motel, food, and flight, along with admission to airventure. way cool time, enjoyed meeting up with everybody on Friday night. my favorite has to be the ultralights along with the stol compititions. My wife liked the warplanes, so did I. We took their little tour around everything over there. the Pioneer airport was real cool as well as the museum. We made our way over to the float plane airport as well. Our favorite thing to eat was a sandwich at subway, roast beef with cheese lettuce tomato and ranch dressing, yum. there was a little restaurant on the way in that had French toast to die for, homemade bread big and thick, yum. Tarberts was the name on highway 26. Already planning on next year, same time, same way, same motel. Now to wait the year.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I decided to go about 2 weeks before the Fly In. I had to wait for July 27th to leave, my wife & my anniversary is July 26th. I decided to drive up from Dallas, I was thinking of camping, but then I came to my senses, and decided to get a Dorm Room. So I called with very short notice to the University of WI Oshkosh, surprisingly I got an air conditioned room. The room was about $125 per night. The city of Oshkosh runs a shuttle bus service is $30 for the week all you can ride. I parked my truck and only used it one night to go to Appleton to have dinner. I like the University Cafe for breakfast, fast and very reasonable price i believe it was $8.

Personally I really like staying at the dorm.
    I like it too, Paul. It's where I've stayed for the majority of the dozens of times I've been there.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Base camp. Across the street from the Ultralight Barn…

Base Camp.jpg

Evening time at base camp.

Sunset.jpg
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I am sorry I missed the gathering this year, hope to attend next year. We camp between rows 29 and 30 each year with about 10-12 from our EAA 122 group and 8-10 from Texas. It is always a great time with not enough time to see everything, hang with friends and see all the Kitfox folks. I do manage to pick brains while at the Kitfox display. John, Debra, Brandon and all the crew are so grateful with their time and advise. Now if I could figure a way to not have to work and just build life would be complete.

I'm bummed that I wasnt able to stick around longer. Glad to have met a few of you. Had a family engagement with 4 of my siblings that have not been together in 25 years.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Here's the group. It was a great time. You are all very welcome, I enjoyed it too! I just wish I could have spent more time talking to everyone.

Party.jpg

No problem with the cart ride, Paul. I'm sorry I had to bail from the STOL show, I needed to attend the award ceremony for the UL judging.

Same place next year?
    Thanks for having me, it was great meeting you and all the others, hope to see you next year!