Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dean Wilson

Default Dean Wilson

Going through my picture files, I found a couple of pictures that might be of interest to the Kitfox Avid family.

Several years ago I had a neighbor, Bill Finke, who was a Missionary that spent the better part of each year in Africa. The major airport where he landed each time coming and going was about an hour from his compound by air, but more than half a day by automobile. He asked Dean Wilson if he could help by designing an airplane capable of carrying two people plus significant cargo with short field capabilities. The two attached images shows what he did. I helped him load it into a shipping container and it was used for several years until it was damaged in the remotes of Africa in a landing attempt. J don't know if it was ever repaired. Bill died while flight testing a Rotorway Exec. which he also planned on using in his work in Africa.

Note the flaperons and the uniquely designed "Venetian Blind" flaperon on the top wing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Default Re: Dean Wilson

Pretty cool story... and plane!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page