Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kitfox owner

Default Re: New Kitfox owner

Hey Cposer!

Welcome

Small world hey?
    I bought a C170 B (N2765D) from Brian and KC Holm from Buckley. They are pilots for the airlines in Seattle I brought it (with Brian's capable help on that side) all the way to South Africa.
    I sold that to buy my Kitfox.

I recognised that mountain in your picture. I went there to visit with them in 2008, and had a wonderful few days with them in the airpark residential complex and a great 4th July party and birthday party in one of the hangars there.

Welcome! You are going to love it!!

Great story too! What about a couple of pictures of your flight en-route??

Reid - Stutterheim, South Africa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rooster; 04-12-2016 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Congratulate Clyde

Default Re: New Kitfox owner

Quote Originally Posted by cposer View Post
    Ross,
    I am happy to say the trip was virtually uneventful. There was one "but then" and that was going across the Mojave Desert. We were flying along with an occasional bump here and there when all of a sudden we hit a huge bump of clear air turbulence. It threw everything around the cockpit, my hand came off the stick, my wife bumped her head on the overhead and in general scared the crap out of us. We were still flying so and nothing felt wrong so we pressed on. Then it was back to the occasional bump. I have no idea what it was but I think it might have been some wake turbulence from an aircraft that we didn't see.
    Once while flying acoss northern Nevada in a group flight one of the guys inadvertently flew through a "Dust Devil". His experience was much as you described. Welcome!
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel