Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: North West Montana Fly-in

Default North West Montana Fly-in

Greetings Kitfoxers,
    My name is Jeff Joern. I own a Kitfox SS that I built and first flew in 2012. I am based out of Glacier Park Airport (KGPI) and my playground is NW Montana. John and Deb McBean have expressed interest in flying out to this corner of the country, and with their help and support, I propose hosting a gathering of Kitfoxer's this August. The dates would be: arrive Friday Aug. 19th, fly-out/play on Sat. the 20th and depart on the 21st...of course, people could come earlier...leave later as desired. It will be held at Ryan Field (2MT1). Ryan field is located about a mile from West Glacier, MT and is managed by the Recreational Aviation Foundation (RAF) The caretaker has cleared the way to have a gathering there that weekend...see web site: http://theraf.org/ryan-field-pilot-info It would mean camping, unless individuals made arrangements to stay in nearby West Glacier, or flew back to Kalispell, either city airport (S27) or Glacier Park Airport, or even Whitefish(58S). Sat. fly-out opportunities include a back-country flight out to Schafer USFS(8U2), Spotted Bear USFS(8U4) or Meadow Creek USFS(0S1). Additionally, I have talked with the curator at Crystal Lakes Resort(01MT)...also known as the StoneHenge Air museum...see website: http://stonehengeairmuseum.org/ to possibly getting a tour of the museum. Others could fly to Whitefish...there are bikes at the field to borrow to ride to town, or go back to Kalispell for the day. Of course, being at the door to Glacier National Park has its own draw. Lodging (or camping) and groune transportation will be each individuals responsibility. With enough interest, for a nominal charge, I can coordinate/host a barbecue one evening and maybe have some coffee and pastries Sat. morning. Let me know your interest and later I will be soliciting commitments/reservations...

Default Re: North West Montana Fly-in

Sounds like fun. Im close to you in Clark Fork Idaho ID78. We'll be in touch!
    Kit fox IV

I have only one comment, fire season.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Hi
    I am Cliff Higgins in Helena, Mt.
    Your flyin sounds like fun but my family reunion is on those dates at Benchmark.
    We should get together sometime.

Sounds awesome, due to my wife and I's weekendless schedules, it will be hard to know until closer to the date. However, we would probably have to take the Cherokee!

Jeff, haven't heard any updates on this fly out lately. I'm planning on going. Thanks for putting this together.

Scott,
    Thanks for the prompt. As an update, Ryan field is in great shape. They just had a gathering of RAF members last weekend...low turnout due to some weather issues. Not sure if the museum tour will be possible as they want waivers signed by all parties prior to flying out...also, the Whitefish airport is closed for the summer....otherwise, back-country flyout is still on the plate as well as Glacier Park activities and merriment/socializing. The airfield can accommodate as many as 35 or maybe a few more airplanes, so let's have a party. It would be good to get some idea of how many arrivals to expect...so if you are so inclined, let me know.
    Jeff

hi jeff .count me in .sounds awesome

Hi Jeff
    Thanks for arranging this fly-in. I'll be there.
    John

Hi Jeff! I'm Al Derber,I live in Bigfork, I'm finishing up a restoration on my Mark V, I'd like to come to the flyin if I'm ready by then, I'd still come even if not, let me know if you need help! greatbearmetals@Hotmail.com