Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: financing ?

Default financing ?

I am looking for answers to a couple of questions concerning financing of a kitfox. The model I am specifically interested in is a finished 4 . my questions are ; can you finance an already built 4 ? What co have you used ? max length of terms? Interest rate? Down payment required etc? also what type and cost of insurance was required for the loan? I am looking at planes in the $25000-30000 range any help would be appreciated
    Mark

Default Re: financing ?

No personal experience but EAA seems to have a financing program that can cover used experimental aircraft. https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-membe...raft-financing
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Insurance costs depend on if it is tail wheel, how much tail wheel time you have and time in make and model and total time.
    I have 700 hours in tail wheel Kitfox's and pay $1000.00 / year on a value of $34,000.
    I have not financed an airplane but a home equity loan is the fastest way to get money at a decent rate and would not require an aircraft appraisal.

I second the home equity loan suggestion.