Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

After exchanging a couple of emails with John and talking to Debra at Kitfox, I emailed an order form today and got in line for a mid-April delivery. The next several weeks will be a scramble to build a storage shed for all of the garage clutter, insulate the ceiling and walls, install a mini-split air conditioner and create a year-round work shop in our 3-car garage. Actually, my wife made it clear her car will continue to be parked in the garage. I’m retired and can build during the day but it gets too hot and humid to even think about working in an open garage here in the piney woods of East Texas.

Before making the final decision to buy the kit I read all of the threads in the General Discussion forum. It took several weeks, was sometimes drudgery, and I will admit to skipping some that were obviously not useful. While reading I kept a Word document with links to threads that will be useful during the build. There is a remarkable amount of information in the forum and a search is not likely to turn up some of the gems that occurred with thread drift. I would encourage all new builders and tire kickers to make this effort.

Finally, the TeamKitFox community was a significant factor in deciding to build this plane. As I read, several of the frequent contributors became “friends”. Of course they have absolutely no idea who this new guy is, but I will not hesitate to contact them when questions come up. In fact, I already had a very nice conversation about Oratex covering with one of these gentlemen.

Thrilled, an a little overwhelmed, to change my status to "Building".

Default Re: Introduction

welcome to the group..since your not that far away..don't be surprised if you see a gaggle or so of us lucky guys already flying buzzing your 2/3's of the garage from aloft
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Enjoy the journey Cherry. We're all here to give you free advice. You'll have to be the judge on whether you're getting your money's worth.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Congrats Carl on your status change to building. You'll find the kit and just as importantly the manual, very complete and well laid out. Lots of high skilled talent here on the forums if you need assistance. Welcome aboard and enjoy the build process.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Congratulations Carl. I live N. Of Austin. I just covered the elevator on my Kitfox III with Oratex to see how I liked it. Not bad for a first time. See you at Reklaw this year?
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Congrats, I'm sure you will find all the support you need from this gaggle of forum members. I'm just 92 miles west in the DFW Area.

Paul Z
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Here comes another new member to the family! Awesome! You're gonna love it!
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Welcome to the group!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Welcome Cherrybark, will be watching for that status change.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I've been where you are and think I know how you feel waiting for the big box. Welcome.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel