Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 54 of 119 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Where I Fly.

It only takes me 15 or 20 minutes to upload a 10 minute video to YouTube. I would recommend you first check your internet service provider speed. Sometimes the ISP's packages offer fast download speed but slow upload speed.

I use this program to test my speed:

http://www.speedtest.net
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Steve and Michael,
    Thanks for the advice – exactly what I needed. Regarding video length, I agree that short is better for numerous reasons.My primary intent in publishing the longer videos is primarily data security.I have a friend who works at the Intel Folsom facility.His primary responsibility is data security on flash drives.He works mostly on their reliability to physical damage.We talked once about data security in a general sense and he mentioned that the Flash Drive as presently designed is good for about five years.DVDs are good for about ten years.Hard drives, who knows.I have family photos nearly 100 years old and family 16mm movies approaching 55 years old.I doubt many of my digital images or videos will be around in 20 years.
    Upload speeds. We went with Hughesnet about a year ago.Very reliable, but can definitely be slow.Download is Satellite beamed and upload, I suspect is DSL.Regarding video length, Hughsnet also has a fixed monthly data limit that discourages lengthy video watching.Thanks for the free wifi out there.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I Just Uploaded one more of the three part long ones, The $100 hamburger. Two of us departed here in Cameron Park and joined up with three other adventuresome pilots as they flew overhead on our way to breakfast at a restaurant near Trinity lake in North Eastern California. The flight of 5 included three Model IV Kitfoxes and two Rans S-6s. This flight took us over some very interesting countryside as we flew North over the western foothills of the Sierra Mountains. Then across the top of the Sacramento Valley to our destination, Trinity Lake. Finding our restaurant had closed and now needing fuel as well as food, we flew West to Eureka. After fueling our airplanes we then decided to fly South along the coast to Shelter Cove in hopes of finding a place to eat - which we did, but still no restaurant, but at a community gathering with the very best kind of food.

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7qB9BvsTA
    Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29HuHD5gdwY
    Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP4vpAerx8

Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Great Videos Lowell. In video 3 is that sea mist or fog? What was the forward visibility like? For us praire boys we like to be able to see the dog run away from home for days...

Mic,
    I have to be honest with you. When I was going over this video, I wondered as you did what we were thinking. It was a light fog that was pretty much localized in the area just below Eureka. We had good visibility as far as spatial orientation was concerned with information of clearing ahead. It probably looked worse from the perspective if my video camera as I was one of the more conservative guys flying a bit higher than the beach combers. One of the wheel washers and beach combers was the flight leader.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Thanks for letting us ride along.
    Great videos!
    Lou
    KitFox II

Thanks for the vids, Lowell. It's fun seeing the differences in the kind of country each of us has to fly in.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Default Kitfox Flying Australia

Hi to all of you again! I've been having too much fun flying to post much lately! Pleased to say all is going well and it is 2 months to the day since the first flight! We have 66 hours on it now.

So now it's time to start sharing some Australian adventures with you all - it would be great if the other OZ Kitfoxers start posting some of their local flights and longer adventures also!

For a start, I have had a go at making my first video - I thought it would be good to start with our local airstrip here at Mt Beauty to give you an idea of where we are.

Hope you enjoy it and look forward to making many more!

cheers

ross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnd6T6LZye0
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: Where I Fly

That was great, Ross! I did notice though that you were driving on the wrong side of the road to get to your hangar.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Hi John - funny - but I think that's why you guys feel so at home in the left side of the kitfox!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)