Supporting vendors:

Your ad here?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #411
Paul Z

Lightbulb Re: Where I Fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esser View Post
It's not too bad Paul. This week we will be hitting plus temps again. This winter has been a yoyo for us.
Esser,

Well we had an rain and then sleet come through last night. Usually our Winter is done by the end of February. It's 29 degrees an for a born & raised Texian it's cold. Some more of that White stuff on the roads. We will not bea able to drive anywhere today without risking life, limb & property. We don't have any snow removal capabilities in the area, sanding trucks is about it. I need to go check our trees the ice build up because of rain than ice, causes us a lot of tree damage. Last year we lost a Hugh Oak tree in the back due to one of our ice storms.

Paul Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.9 KB, 481 views)
Texas
Paul Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:49 PM   #412
Esser

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Hey Paul, I know you want to fly to Alaska and experience real winter. Maybe when my fox is finished, I can "ferry" you and your plane across Canada to get past the medical issue with my wife following in our kitfox. I'll log the PIC to get around the legal system but you can fly the whole thing. Once we get to Alaska, I will jump back in with Nat. Maybe we can buzz around the state with two kitfoxes.
Esser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #413
Paul Z

Sounds like fun, maybe I'll take you up on that. Damned it's cold!
Texas
Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #414
Paul Z

I was in Midland, Ontario, Canada once for work. It was January 03, it was -10 or -20 Deg C, it doesn't really matter once you are frozen in your shoes at 0 a negative number just means your misery will not end anytime soon. I was there for a solid week, it never got to Zero. When we left on Friday, as my plane broke the Ground the pilot said we were the last flight to leave when they closed the airport. It snowed, and Snowed, and SNOWED the entire week we were up there. They broke all snow records for snow in the first week of the year. Damned I was MISERABLE! The only thing that was neat was sitting outside one evening watching a team practice their ice shuffleboard or ice bowling, AKA Curling. The team finally threw in the towel and decided they didn't want to practice anymore. I must admit Midland is one of the nicest places I have ever been to in Canada. The Elcan workers were great, I got to see them about twice a year over the next 10 years. Got a great cruise of the Georgian Bay, we stopped at a National or Provincial Park to have dinner on a dock in the park, some wine, and on the trip back to Midland we got to see the Space Station fly over. If it wasn't so cold in the Winter this Texas Boy would move to the Midland Ontario area.
Texas
Old 03-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #415
Kurt.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esser View Post
Hey Paul, I know you want to fly to Alaska and experience real winter. Maybe when my fox is finished, I can "ferry" you and your plane across Canada to get past the medical issue with my wife following in our kitfox. I'll log the PIC to get around the legal system but you can fly the whole thing. Once we get to Alaska, I will jump back in with Nat. Maybe we can buzz around the state with two kitfoxes.
Guy's,
I don't mean to rain on your parade but:
Just learned in GS that we as Canadian private pilots are not permitted to fly a U.S.A registered aircraft in Canadian airspace. We need to have a U.S.A license to fly a U.S.A registered aircraft in Canadian airspace.

Kitfox II,
Rotax 912,
1100 gross
Fixer Upper Project
Kurt.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #416
Esser

Hey Kurt. The TC to FAA conversion is a pretty straight forward process. I have been meaning to do it so all I need is a good excuse! Thanks for the input though!

Where have I been flying though? This is me taxing out after leaving the Lac La Biche fly in. They build an ice runway every year for one weekend. There were about 30 planes there when I showed up. 4300X130' rwy with taxiways, apron, etc.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #417
Paul Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt.A View Post
Guy's,
I don't mean to rain on your parade but:
Just learned in GS that we as Canadian private pilots are not permitted to fly a U.S.A registered aircraft in Canadian airspace. We need to have a U.S.A license to fly a U.S.A registered aircraft in Canadian airspace.
Damned those Government Reguators, pretty soon they are going to regulate how many squares of toilet paper we are allowed to use.
I'm thinking about the trailer route.
Texas
Old 03-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #418
jiott

With Airfox a few days ago. My first gravel bar landing on the Willamette River. Quite a rush for an old guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Willamette Gravel Bar 001.jpg (99.2 KB, 406 views)
Rotax 912ULS
jiott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #419
Esser

Looks fun Jim! Love the paint scheme
Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #420
Az350x

I've just perused this whole thread- AWESOME pics and some sweet airplanes. Most of my flying has been in the Southwest for the last 20 years- see Desertfox4 and the other AZ guys' pics to see where I spend most of my time aloft. I fly (for work) out of Deer Valley and Show Low in AZ. Have other bases spread all over too. Have to get some pics uploaded to photobucket so I can post a few...
Az350x is offline   Reply With Quote