Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Redtails

Default Redtails

I don't know if its right but thought I may save you some money. This movie is a sad attempt(IMHO) at a great story. The 1995 version is way superior. If you have watched the trailer you have seen the best parts. I like any movie having to do with planes or flying but this one. Save your money and watch some kitfox videos on this site instead,,,

Default Re: Redtails

you can answer this question for me then....is portions of the flying scenes animated similar to the pixar movies? i saw a preview of some flying scenes and it looked incredibly fake? i saw the Tuskeegee airmen movie and loved it, i am really hoping this isnt animated during flying scenes....
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada

Go see it. It is a great movie with lots of flying. The flying animation in my opinion is very good. I gaught caught up in the story and drama. I noticed a few turns were made too tight but my wife said as we walked out of the movie, "The flying scenes really looked real".

I attended a talk given by Lt. Col. William Holloman http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...anobit17m.html a couple months before he died. He was working for George Lucas as a consultant for the making of Red Tails at that time. I noticed a few details he had talked about that made it into the movie so felt a connection with the story. The Tuskegee airmen were and are a classy bunch of guys.
    Last edited by t j; 01-25-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Well that answers my question about animation.......I must say i will be going to see it, i am a big fan of war movies and flying so hopefully i can get past the animation parts,

The Tuskeegee story is amazing, i would love to sit and listen to them speak some day......my hat is off to those guys, they deserve alot more credit than they got. They had to fight a war and bigotry all at the same time. Good work guys
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada