Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Seat problems

Default Seat problems

Hi I recently purchased a partially completed kitfox 3 with kitfox 4 1200 mods.
    ( wings, mixer, etc.) my problem is with the elevator push-pull tube & the flap tube rubbing on the seat bottom the groove in the seat seems neither deep or wide enough. The obvious solution to me would be to modify that portion of the seat. But looking at the various online build logs & postings on this forum I've found no evidence that builders have had to do that. What am I doing wrong?
    Also the original builder reamed out the elevator idler bushing to much it has a little bit of slop is there any remedy or do I just need to buy a new one? any help would be appreciated. thanks Dutch
    Last edited by Dutch; 01-20-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Default Re: Seat problems

I went through the same pain with my Model III. The solution was some judicious bending of the control linkages plus reorienting the rod end positions. What made it a little easier was the use of a fiber optic scope so I could see what was interfering and where since I was doing the work after covering. Don't forget to install some kind of mechanical stop to prevent the seat from collapsing on the linkages.

-- Paul S

Had the same problem. Got a lot help from the forum. Check out the link:

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...hlight=rubbing

I'll try to respond to the idler bushing issue. Mine eventually opened up a bit as well as did some in other locations after some use. I drilled both ends and put some undersize "D" drilled but tight fitting Delrin bushings. Then when the bushings were tapped into place I reamed these to size. Delrin will wear very slowly in use as it is self lubricating.
    Lowell