Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paint schemes

Default paint schemes

All,

I've been searching internet for some time now, only to find that the idea I had for my KF IV paint scheme could still be different - and be awsome, still.
    Most of the photographs show the fuselage - one sees rarely wings with their paint-schemes
    How did you guys make your scheme? What to choose, where to go? For this might be a once-in-a-lifetime thing: I want to do it as pretty as possible. But on the other hand: it has to be do-able: I haven't sprayed anything else but my wifes hair, so fancy curled schemes are no-go....
    Where to start!?!

any help appreciated - as ever.

Default Re: paint schemes

Although I haven't even received my kit yet, as soon as I ordered it I started working on schemes. I came out with about 10 of them. All i did was get the templates of the kitfox site and start drawing lines. Then I picked things I liked about certain schemes and incorporated them into one scheme. But it is very hard. I came up with this:

I'm still undecided about my wings though. What I do know is that I have decided to spend the extra $$$ and I will get my plane professionally painted. I realize not everyone can do this but in my eyes if I just spent a year and $60,000 building a plane I want it to catch peoples eye on the ramp. The paint is what people will see and will judge how good your plane is by how it looks.

I got my ideas on paint at a fly in. It just caught my eye and I knew right awy that i liked it.

ps keeping it simple was important to me.
    Last edited by t j; 01-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I used the profile and wing plan with Microsoft Paint, the final was version 31.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Dorsal, I like yours! Its simple but as pretty as anything out there.

Jim

Thanks! I can do straight lines with the best of them
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Esser

I like the pattern of yours, a lot. I think it would be even nicer to spray navy blue where the red is, yellow in place of the black and grey with the grey.

Lovely
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

Thanks Monocock. The red is actually a dark orange and when I first started doing up schemes I wanted something black and yellow but some how ended up here. I still do love the factory O-233 model with the black and yellow. That is a sexy paint job. Feel free to copy this one if you ever want to make your blue and yellow version. I would be afraid though that the yellow might wash out against the white since the line is thin.

Esser, I agree with Mono, very cool pattern.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Thanks Dorsal, i just hope i can do the rounding at the top before the vert stab since the actual construction is more square than round there