Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: spar attach reinforcement fitting 2011

Default spar attach reinforcement fitting 2011

I everybody,i build a kitfox classic 4 1200,and in my builder book for the spar attach he sais in need four #22002 and four #22003..so 2 on each spar.

and in my little bag i have 16 pieces?????

so i check on other model like the kitfox super sport and 6,,and he have 4 attach on each spar so 16 in total....more strong...

my question is :somebody use 16 attach on model 4 or only 2 per spar???

thank's

jf

Default Re: spar attach reinforcement fitting 2011

I've used only the 2 per spar as the manual shows. Most, if not all model IV's use 2 per spar and no problems that I know of have been encountered. If you decide to use all 16 it won't hurt either. You just have to trim the butt ribs to fit over them a little. Not a big deal. I guess what I'm saying is that you can go either way and not be worried about it.

Is the 4 pieces per spar part of what allows 140 mph Vne? Is the 2 pieces per spar limited to Vne of 125 mph? Wish I had known this in time.

No. The speedster (which has a 140mph vne) spar attach fittings are the same as the regular model 4's - 2 per spar.

I prety sure that 4 per spar is what is called for .
    Mine have it -- why not install that way ?

4 per spar is what may have been added at a later revision date. It is not required for 140 mph VNE. If I had all 16 I would do it, sure, however it is not required though. There is very little force on the spar attach fittings in flight. In fact, once you are flying at a constant speed the fittings actually have a forward/inward shear force on them.

Also, I believe that the 2 per spar method was used in the following thread with the picture, but I'm not positive. Hopefully Lowell/highwing will clarify maybe?

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2907