Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Matters

Default Family Matters

I wont even bring up the post of a recent controversial subject but just as a bystander it is obvious an refreshing to know this forum is made up of a lot of experience and best of all folks as close as family that care about one another an information being posted.
    Merry Christmas "TeamKitfox Family"

Default Re: Family Matters

Merry Christmas to you bbryan.
    Folks are passionate about safety here as you pointed out and it's a very good "problem" to have.
    People will fight for their beliefs when it comes to safe flying. Lots of good experience ( some dearly paid for) and hopefully the brisk discourse that sometimes erupts will not keep members with good info. from coming forward and sharing what life has taught them.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Merry Christmas to all & Happy New Year !

Every one has an idea,but that does not mean that it is the only way, but I like reading the forums because of the different thoughts every one has.

Thanks for them all.
    Grady

Talking Re: Family Matters

I am glad to see a few of you don't mind having Christ in Christmas. Merry Christmas to All, and a very Happy New Year!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Smile Re: Family Matters

Merry Christmas to all, from north of the 49th (by about 50 miles!). I In stalled my repaired transponder yesterday and went out to our closest "big" airport, Kelowna, to test it out works great!!. Great day for flying, bright sunshine,+5C, calm, snowy mountains, lots of lift!
    My Vixen came with a solid state Terra TRT 250D transponder from the late 90`s. It hasn`t worked for a couple of years and I have been stalling around putting off the $2000 or so for a replacement. I am not sure if we are supposed to put in plug for suppliers but I will anyway.
    After some searching I found a transponder repair/exchange facility in Waco TX, Texas State Technical College (on the web). They replaced chips, power amplifer and other items all within the $325 flat rate. Aparently much of the problem was in the wiring harness,replaced for $140. Bench checked the AT300 encoder for $97.50. So for less the $600 I am back in business. Apparently these folks repair all makes as well as Terra. From this experience I would highly recommend them. Contact is Troy Ellison. Hope this does not go against forum rules.
    Have a great Christmas and safe Kitfoxing for 2012.
    Cheers
    Don

I got to spend Saturday replacing a blown tire, on the right Main, although it was a beautiful day to fly. However, it will be a little easier to motor down the runway with a tire that hold air! For some reason, I couldn't get up enough speed for a take off with ZERO air in the right main!. My better half and I went to the airport and replaced Kick Ass' right shoe! Now I can get some time in the sky! Merry Chirstmas!
    Last edited by Paul Z; 12-19-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

"Family Matters" is a superb name for this thread as, indeed, we're all members of a pretty interesting family of Kitfox aficionados. As Richard Bach so astutely observed in book Illusions, "Rarely do members of the same family grow up under one roof."

Huh? "Grow up?" Whatsat?? While pondering that thought, try pondering this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR6-M...ature=youtu.be from the "Ladies Love Taildraggers" website and enjoy your favorite
    Christmas present dreams.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah from the desert of the Great Southwest!

"E.T."
    Last edited by DesertFox6; 12-18-2011 at 10:29 PM.

I hitched a ride in the Red and Yellow Model IV that caught everyones eye back about 1985 or 86 when the factory was still in Nampa. I caught the fever and have never look at another kit seriously since. Got a little depressed when the company went bankrupt;but along came John and Debra McBean, they put hope in my dreams again. Next month (I will be in touch John and Debra) I will be in Homedale to visit and order my kit. My dream is becoming reality. Makes me shake just thinging about it. I have lurked and posted alittle since about 2008 on this forum. I have grown to respect each one of you. Every piece of input has helped me make my choices for my Super Sport. Thank You All. Our soldiers are going home from Iraq and I have been working there in support of them. It is time to come home to retire. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TeamKitfox!!!!
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

E.T. Thanks for sharing the video...that's a good one! I wish each and every member here a Merry Christmas, a safe and happy new year, and many days of good flying weather.
    Salute!
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

From the Fitts here in St Augustine, Merry Christmas and a great New Year. Back to the project in Cameron Park tomorrow - can't wait!
    Lowell F.