Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Electrical output Rotax 532

Default Electrical output Rotax 532

Im wondering how much electrical output i will have on my rotax 532. will it be enough to power a radio, transponder,GPS, landing light, strobe light, and wingtip marker lights. Would i be better off not using a standard radio and going with a handheld that i can run off of the electrical system when im not using much of the other things and use it on its own battaries to save energy consumption for everyhing else when I need to. I like the look of a flush mounted radio in the dash though. Thoughts, opinions.

Default Re: Electrical output Rotax 532

My 912 electrical system won't run that much all at the same time.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

If I recall right, the 532 points system has a total of 130watts at cruise rpm. That's about 10 amps max.

Dave

You can make it work if you use LED Lighting and a solid state transponder.

-- Paul S

Thanks For all the great info. 10 amps gives me a number to work with, I think i may just go with a nice handheld radio and make a flush dash mount for it then i can run off of battaries should i be running other things as well. the transponder will hardly ever be used but since im so close to Boise class C airspace I would like to have it. As for lights i was planning on using LED's so that should be fine.