Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gap Seals

Default Re: Gap Seals

Hi Lowell
    VERY professional. I don`t think mine will win too many awards.

Lowell, very nice! I cant get over how tight the rudder fits. I made my rudder twice, but didn't get close to that. Awesome
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks,
    The first ones I did almost fifteen years ago were made up with quarter inch urethane foam sanded to shape and covered with fiberglass then the fabric. Both ribs and cuffs were done with the foam. This time, the ribs were laminated foam, but the cuffs were vacuum bagged glass over wooden plug molds. This time the main focus was light weight. As I recall, on the rudder I planned on an eighth of an inch for fabric and clearance. Hinge access is on the other side and there are aluminum cover plates that cover those. Two and a half years on a Lanciar got me going, I think.
    Lowell

All my "gap seal " material is gone now. If I can find any more of it next spring/summer I again will buy it all from the "rubber guy" at the flea market and share it with you guys.
    Maybe one of you can figure out what it is and where to get it. It is a very simple solution and sure works well.