Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A good sunscreen

Default A good sunscreen

I've been looking for a sunscreen for my overhead. The summer heat in AZ is brutal, but I was not satisfied with a standard car shade--too dark, poorly fitting, can't see through, etc. I found a new vendor who makes custom shields--flexible, semi-transparent, very heat reflective. Pretty cool. Attaches with suction cups. The one they made for me is now their pattern for other Kitfoxes--but just for the larger Series 5 and up. I'm sure they'd make for smaller.

http://aero-shields.com/

Tucsonchris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris G.
    Kitfox SS tri-gear
    Rotax 912ULS / IVO medium
    Marana Regional Airport
    Tucson, Arizona

Default Re: A good sunscreen

Chris,
    That was a good idea ! I had my overhead done with Lumar film and it has worked out well also. That sun gets pretty hot without something !
    Dick Maddux
    Milton,Fl

chris , thanks for the info . ill have to look into getting one . really looks a lot nicer than what i use , a sectional on top of the tubes with clothes pins holding it in place .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Well after flying today, I decided came home and order one today! I will report on it's performance as soon as I can.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Suncreen? I think I need a heat shield on mine! Cool and wet spring.

Well I will get to see how this works. I put it on along with an iPad mount and pulled the plane out of the hanger to see if it would help with the glare on the iPad screen. After pulling it out into the noon day sun, it definitely cuts the glare, and the top of my greying / balding head is going to love it, on the upcoming hot days this summer. I would have gone flying today, but “DIRECTION/SPEED/MAX GUST... SOUTH 25 TO 30 KTS WITH GUSTS TO NEAR 40” It would have been bumpy and challenging on landings.

Hopefully tomorrow morning, the winds will be a little calmer.

Stefini Carter should love this picture, she is one of the Representatives for the Great State of Texas!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas