Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: kitfox discount

Default kitfox discount

Hi guys, i am sure this title got your attention. I am about to order a kit and i wonder if you ever notice a kind of discount, rebate or any kind of promotion during an airshow like Oshkosh. I know that Just Aircraft offers some sort of discount on options during show like that.
    Thanks...

Default Re: kitfox discount

Don't hold your breath. The Kitfox folks don't have too much wiggle room to lower their prices. They are good people and need to make a living.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

You might hold out for a free hat...ours looked good.

I would buy their $90,000 hat and get a free ready to fly Kitfox

The kit is reasonably priced in my opinion... the engine (especially the engine) and the avionics push the price to the fat numbers we newbies have to sell to our wives.

Kitfox is clearly a market leader in the homebuilt category... I would take a page out of the Sonex playbook (they bundle the airframe and engine) and marry an engine builder like a UL, which seems to have an excellent product. While they are at it, marry an avionics company that can trick out the cockpit, and achieve volume discounts and sell the whole "package" at more economic levels vis a vis the market...

I think that only a Kitfox or a Vans could pull this off... Zenith teamed up with UL recently, at least in a "Recommended" kind of way... Vans pushes Lycoming, but then again, Lycoming isn't going to give anyone a break.

The boat manufacturers have been doing this for years... bundle boat + motor + trailer + financing = a great way to get lower prices and WAY more volume... the boat guys achieved huge scale and everyone wins, especially the consumer
    NOKITFOXYET

and need to make a living.
    Agreed. Please don't squeeze them too hard. We don't want them to pop!!

Buy the Kit, and don't talk about engine prices, or avionics. Look for a used engine and instruments on Barnstormers. The pay as you go plan!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

RV-12 only comes one way, a Rotax 912ULS.... They are quoting $27,430 for power-plant in that kit, I sure hoe it comes w/the prop and the firewall forward kit as well.

Wayne