Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STOL performances

Default Re: STOL performances

Quote Originally Posted by carpat View Post
    Thanks everybody for your reply. Do you have any information guys about the new composite leading edge? Do you think it will lower the stall speed? Are you expecting a noticeable effect on the flight characteristics?

Pat
    Salut Patrick, I send an e-mail to john McBean and I ask questions apropos of the composite leading edge kit (C.L.E.), I did a thread on that but had no responce so I push a little forward my investigation there is the result:

1-Do we need the bottom false ribs kit, if installing the C.L.E.?
    No.. but I would recommend them.

2-Is there any place to install a pair of LED landing light in the C.L.E.?
    No.. We have wing tips that are designed for the MicroSun LED lights. http://www.aeroleds.com/landing-lights/experimental.aspx

3-Do you have any picture of this C.L.E. install on a wing without the fabric cover it and covered?
    Yes attached

4-Dose LED position light can be install on the Horner style wingtips, it seem thin on the edge?
    We have Nav/Strobe Standoffs when installing the position lights

4-Do you have a video covering the construction of a kit fox it will be nice to have such video to support the Assembly Manual?
    No.. not yet.. it is something we want to start working towards.. but there is much there. It will take time.

Merci for your attentiveness, John
    You’re Welcome.. Vous etes bienvenue.. If I remember correctly J but please don’t test my French… many, many years and I’m afraid I would fail….

Like DesertFox4 sead, John has no number to support the fact that the wing is more efficient, but I am sure that they will come in a near future.

Bonne Journée a tous!

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been very curious about that leading edge as well... thank you for posting John's comments...

But the real question of the day is...

"how did you arrive at the name "chefwarthog".

Are you indeed a chef? Warthog doesn't sound very tasty...

Personally, I cannot even make ice...
    NOKITFOXYET

But the real question of the day is...

"how did you arrive at the name "chefwarthog".

Are you indeed a chef? Warthog doesn't sound very tasty...

Personally, I cannot even make ice...[/quote]

Well Andrew G, I did do Army I was in the ''12e Regiment Blindé du Canada'' 12e Armoured Regiment of Canada it is a french regiment, so Chef is for "Chief Warrant Officer". Warthog is two things, When I have a band of new recruit I really like to get them stuck in mud with there 6 wheeller ''Coyote'' armoured vehicle. But some dirty tongue (follow officer) will tell you that, it is for that time that I get stuck with all my troups in the midle of a field in a blue clay hole, it seem that we look like a band of pig in a mud hole. I think the name get stick on me like a bloodstain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got it... a well deserved handle, and a very cool explanation.

My nickname; "Shi_ for Brains" isn't something I am very proud of and it doesn't carry well in esteemed plane forums.

BTW, did you buy a kit yet? What is your timeframe?
    NOKITFOXYET

No Andrew, I did not purchase my kit for now, I have to bild my garage to be able to work on my plane in, I talk about it in this thread (Is it possible?). For now I am in the sponge mode, sipping all info that I can find. It been a 2 years quest to choose the kit that will full fill my need in back country opportunity, I narrow my choice on the Kitfox. I think a five years de deadline before to order my kit is doubtless, but I think when I will order my kit I will be ready.

I'd carry this conversation to an email, but I'm sure there are tons of lurkers like us... love the plane, but aren't building it or driving it yet.

We'll get there Chef... one big milestone is getting the wife to agree... she asked how much a kit was and I told her about $19k. So, I am about 1/3 there...

In the summers, I am about 2 hours from you... we are close to Derby, VT... so when we do get the Kitfoxes, we can buzz Lake Memphramagog...
    NOKITFOXYET

I think Carpat is very near to order his kit, I will go spy on him and give him a hand with is bluild, maybe he will make me free ride to visite you. For the wife I have been married for 25 years and now she is gone, so the good side of it, I will be alone to vote for this expense, I think it will pass.