Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Spokane/Eastern Washington Kitfox Demo?

Default Spokane/Eastern Washington Kitfox Demo?

Greetings all. Having lurked for long enough, I'm trying to decide if the Kitfox IV meets my needs. Thus far, it does most of what I'd like, with reasonable speed and range, and the ability to fly with the doors off. At this point, having never seen one in the flesh, I'm hoping to be able to at least sit in a Kitfox. I'm 6'4" and about 200, and I've crammed into a Cessna 140 for a few lessons, but the Kitfox "seems" smaller.

Is there anyone in the Spokane or Eastern Washington area that would care to let me sit in their airplane? I'd be more than happy to pay for gas if you'd like to go for a ride I have a share in a 172 and fly regularly out of Felts Field, so I may be able to fly out to meet at an airport.

Thanks, John Cadwell

Default Re: Spokane/Eastern Washington Kitfox Demo?

If your ever in the Olympia area, I'd be happy to take you for a ride in my IV. I have taken slightly larger people up for rides and it was a tight squeeze, but you would fit.

Scott

Come on down for a ride in the Series 7 SS.. You'll fit great and have a great time.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

I am ready!
    The weather forecast is a little iffy for the next few days, but put me on the list of people willing to help. I have a grass strip just north of Spokane towards Deer Park, WA just off of 395.
    I have a IV, but I would hope that it would help with your decision making about the airplane. I have a 100 hp 912 s in it and the performance is great. The airplane is smaller than a 140, but with the way the cockpit is laid out and the bubble doors, I think it is more comfortable inside. I am 5'10" and 195. I have owned a bunch of taildraggers and floatplanes over the years and I have never enjoyed any of them as much. The inexpensive nature of their operation has made me double my normal flying in a year's time without even trying.
    Don't forget John and Deb are not very far away to go see. The 7's are fantastic machines with quite a few more ammenities.
    Send a PM if you want to exchange phone numbers, etc.
    Kelly

I think there are at least 2 Model IVs on Felts Field. Steve Albee has a Speedster with a 912s, and Dale Turner has a Speedster with a 912 UL. Daryl Jones flies a helicopter down at Medstar; he is around your stature and owned a Model IV for a few years, and could probably tell you everything you wanted to know about being tall and fitting in a Kitfox. I am sure you could find these guys if you ask around.
    Ty
    Kitfox IV-1200