Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flaperon Question

Default Flaperon Question

Hi Folks,well we got our Kitfox 2 up and flying.We still have a problem with our flaperon rigging.What we did to get it trimmed up properly was to make each of the FU-58 U-Joint (1/2" square aluminum) a 1/2"longer ,1 5/8" total length instead of 1 1/8". This seemed to be the only way that we could trim up the flaperons to be level with stick full forward. Our kit was manufactured in 89 when it sounds like a few parts go mixed up. The problem we have now is when the flaps are engaged it will bind on the stick totally resticting the left/right flaperon movement. With the flaps off the plane will basically fly straight and level.We are not sure what is screwed up,I took some pictures of the bellcrank mixer ,which looks like the Fig. F-5 and I will try and figure out how to post them on here.If anyone has any advice or a picture of a kitfox 2 control system I would greatly appreciate, Have a good day Willis

I hope I got the pictures on here, if anybody notices anything different than there kitfox 2 controls please let me know thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marshawk; 10-05-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Adding some pictures of control system