Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need wing attach fabric advice

Default Need wing attach fabric advice

I'm debating how I'm going to trim out the wing attach point gussets. Should I lay in strips of pre-shrunk fabric to complete an aerodynamic seal from the slip stream? Any other pix of how you did would be appreciated. The forward bracket is even more problematic because of the angle, as one of the bolt holes is actually below the plane of the fabric. Thanks in advance.

Tucson Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Need wing attach fabric advice

Chris,

Unfortunately I don't have a photo; but, we pretty much went with the instructions in the manual on this one anyway.

Thought about it a bit and decided to leave it as is. For the front lift strut fitting where the bolt goes a bit below the surface of the fabric, we put a little kink in the fabricated aluminum gusset so the nut would not touch the fabric.

long term plan - I would like to fabricate a fiberglass fairing over the end of the lift strut to clean up the attachment point; but, it probably is not a real big aerodynamic penalty as is.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp