Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wheel Pants

Default Wheel Pants

Good Afternoon,

I have been flying our KF 7 trigear configured without wheel pants. Does anyone have any data on what the difference is with vs without wheel pants with regard to drag.

Do the wheel pants result in a significant enough drag reduction to show up as a measurable increase in cruise speed? Any specific experiences for those who have run their KF in both configurations?

Are there any problems experienced with crud (grass/mud/snow) building up and causing interference with the tires? For those who have them - is there a need to pull them off during the winter because of ice/snow buildup inside?

Any ideas about how much weight which will be added with wheel pants?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: Wheel Pants

I am replying to this because I have the same question and wanted to pop it to the top of the stack. I've goto believe that somebody has tested this and has some feedback.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Me too. I'm interested in finding out.

Tommy Walker in Alabama
    KFSS - pickup kit next week

Did not do alot of testing but we did see about 5 mile per hour increase in cruise speed. If I want to take them off it takes me less than 10 minutes.
    Dj Series 6