Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Placement of Placards

Default Re: Placement of Placards

Hi guys,

Ours ended up under the HS like Chuck & DJ, with a backing plate on the other side of the fabric.

One addition on ours is this; regarding the little quote..."....or lost or destroyed in an accident...."........ A small metal strap which is riveted through the backing plate on both ends and looping around a fuselage tube. Apparently the issue is the authorities want to be able to figure out who it used to be in the event of a complete smoking hole.......don't know if all DARs would expect this or not - I am thinking there are degrees of regulatory discretion which occur on this and other issues.

One little point - I made the mistake of having "first name - last name" the plate while my registration had "last name - first name" - I was advised they had to be identical and it is easier to change the plate than the registration - make sure you have that right so you don't have to drill SS rivets out of the plates over fabric.....

Sincerely

Dave S

Good tip Dave, thanks (given many view my last name and first name as interchangeable )
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

you might check with your dar and see exactly what he requires on the data plate . the data plate info was a big deal with the one that looked at mine . all that he required was make , model and sn . the make and model have to be exactly as it is on the registration . i had a little problem with that , since i am the fourth owner of the kit . the first owner had already gotten the registration and had his name put on it as the manufacture , therefore the make on the data plate is his name and the model is a kitfox IV . not a big deal , just getting it sorted out was , but thats another story
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

For what it is worth I contacted Aircraft Engravers in CT, called them on a Wednesday, emailed my data and had a beautiful small plate in the mail on Thursday with all my info on it. It does not show on their website but they have a nice plate with just the three fields required for a data plate.
    Great service, nice people.

Also for those who have the situation similar to CAP01 you can retract a registration and change the builder for a plane that was registered "prematurely" for which no airworthiness had been done.
    Last edited by Dorsal; 06-18-2010 at 05:15 AM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive