Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Introduction

Smile Introduction

I am thinking it is time to introduce myself. I have been lurking in the shadows for over a year now. My word, what I have learned in that time!
    My name is Joe Gallagher. I am an Oregon resident. (SPB).
    Currently I am a student pilot, training in a Piper Pacer taildragger. I figured why not get my taildragger endorsement right away. According to my CFI it will teach me better stick and rudder skills. I agree.
    This forum has taught me so much, it is my nightly read. I fall asleep dreaming of building my own some day soon. The depth of skill in Teamkitfox is nothing short of amazing.
    One of my main concerns is my size. 6'3" and broad shouldered. Will I sit comfortably in an S7? I have so may more questions but all in good time.
    My wife and I will be attending the Kitfox Factory flyin on Labor Day weekend to get an up close look at the local fleet.

Hope it's ok to "Drive in to a Fly in"

Joe

Default Re: Introduction

Joe,
    Doubt that your' size will be an issue in a Model 7. The experts here can tell you for sure. Any mode of transport that gets you to a fly-in is good. Some are just more fun than others. Check out the WAAAM show in Hood River, as well. Easy drive for you. A very nice selection of KF's, Avids, Zeniths and certifieds flew in last year.

Oh, yeah..... Go Beav's!!!!

The factory just posted a pic of a gentleman who is 6'7". He was slender. He bought a SS7 after sitting in it. So, at least your height wont pe a problem at all.

I'm 6'3" but thin. You will have tonnes of room.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I'm finishing up a build of a ss7 in Warrenton Or next to Astoria. If you want to try a 7 on it's about a 1 1/2 hour drive. I'm retired so just about any time is ok. Just give me a call so I'm not off to the store. 503 ate six one 8466. Cell I will also be going to the flyin Roble

Smile Re: Introduction

Rainbird
    Ha, wish I had known this just a day earlier. My wife and I took a motorcycle ride up to Long Beach WA and then south through Astoria, and then HWY 202 back home. We live off of Scappoose Vernonia Hwy.
    We could have easily headed a little further south and met up.
    I'm not sure if I will have another opportunity before the flyin but I would be very interested in looking at your project some time soon.

Joe