Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixing acrylic

Default Re: Fixing acrylic

Well while were here, let me tell you, I didn't even put hardly any pressure on that screw as I tightened it and the acrylic snapped straight out the edge. I think you kind of have to think "allow the adhesive tape do the bonding and let your screws be there to keep it from flying off". I will probably go back and use the elmers glue trick on the screw in place of loc tite. They can really be that loose when you start seeing the plexy flex.

Default Re: Fixing acrylic

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Well while were here, let me tell you, I didn't even put hardly any pressure on that screw as I tightened it and the acrylic snapped straight out the edge. I think you kind of have to think "allow the adhesive tape do the bonding and let your screws be there to keep it from flying off". I will probably go back and use the elmers glue trick on the screw in place of loc tite. They can really be that loose when you start seeing the plexy flex.
    You're right Eddie, you really do need clearance holes in the door window and need to go gently on tightening up the screws. Temperature variation will make that panel expand and contract so the clearance holes allow for that. The tape adds some flex when tightening the screws. I'm starting the door window installs in a few weeks. It'll be a case of gently, gently I think.
    David
    SS7 Builder