Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Jabiru 80 HP

Default Jabiru 80 HP

Howdy folks, DB here ... I noticed a Kit 4 w/ an 80 HP Jabiru engine ... any thoughts on this power plant ?? Thanks, DB

Default Re: Jabiru 80 HP

I put about 450 hrs on a 2200 solid lifter early model engine in an Avid MK IV. It was reliable for me. Somewhere's around serial # 1900 or so they went to a hydraulic lifter engine and it had more problems than the earlier models. Earlier than about 450 needed improvement, and they changed the heads for better cooling among other things. JImChuk

I think for a question like this you are better off doing a search for Jabiru on this forum. Most of us who may like a different engine better don't really like to be negative about another engine because there are forum members who may really like the particular engine you are asking about. A search will give you posts from folks who have had personal experience pro or con with that engine.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

DB, I didn't see your phone message to me till I was heading for bed at about 11:30 last night. I'll try to call today, or call me back in the afternoon or evening. JImChuk

Thanks for the thoughts and appreciate the chat avidflyer, DB