Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Making a lexan windscreen and turtle deck

Default Re: Making a lexan windscreen and turtle deck

That is how I fashioned my turtledeck Chase so I know what you are describing will work. 800 plus hour in service. I also attached a piece of extruded aluminum brown window screen frame lengthwise up the middle of my turtledeck to keep it from canning in flight or during taxiing. Riveted it in with brown rivets to match the tint. Works great, weighs almost nothing.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I replaced all my lexan with tinted except the windshield awhile back , love it👍 i was going to make a replacement for my metal framed turtle deck but opted to hold off, and just do the lexan, i have thought about making 2 latches that would be released by a lever behind the seat so the turtle deck could open like a hatch back, still in the thought mode with that one 😎
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Could you guys post some pictures of your lexan products 😊

I used lexan on the doors,turtle deck and skylight ,,bad mistake, just a splash of 98 ULP and it's stuffed, the doors lasted about 8 months but every drip from the fuel drains attacked the lexan , and although I'm really careful I slipped with filling from a jerry can the other day and slashed a bit of the skylight and now it has to be replaced ,I've already redone the doors with acrylic ( Perspex ) and will do the roof the same. Perspex is a bit less forgiving to work with but handles spills much better
    Matty

Need a kitfox 5 turtledeck 989-728-3684