Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: rudder cable tension

Default rudder cable tension

hello everyone,
    i'm installing the rudder cables on my ss kit. i have pedals on both sides and the adjustable pedal kit. i'm to the point of swaging the co-pilot cables to the pilot cables and thought, how much tension should be on these cables to get the proper place to swage them to each other? i looked through the manual and can't find a mention of tension amount anywhere. it just says to "pull taught". is this possible that there is no range of tension called for?

Default Re: rudder cable tension

I just did this a month ago and had the same concern. I came to the conclusion that the actual tension did not matter; the main thing was to have the tension close to the same on both pilot and co-pilot cables when you swaged them to each other, and both sets of pedals locked together in the same positions.

Default Re: rudder cable tension

thanks jim, that sounds good. and as far as the overall tension i guess the springs on the pedals take care of that.