Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox seats

Default Kitfox seats

Hi guys i'm new here and to kitfoxes, i have a MK2 with KFL 112 engine which i am in the process of tidying up before i fly it,my question is does anyone know if it possible to machine wash the kitfox seats,they are not bad but i would like to freshen them up a bit but i don't want to mess them up any idears would be really welcome.

Default Re: Kitfox seats

I used to hand wash mine in the bathtub with detergent after removing the foam inserts. Not sure if mine were manufactured the same as yours though.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

The seat cushions that came with the kit when I acquired it were used and had a coke soaked in one of the seat bottoms . I cut the cushion open at the aft end and removed the foam . I was able to get the coke out of the foam with soap and water . The cover washed in the machine , turned out pretty good
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Fox1 - Keep in touch. I'd love to hear more about your KFL engine when you get it up and running. They are very rare and we never hear anything about them.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks for your input guys, will have a go at the weekend will hopefully get it in the air by the end of the month, can't wait, just hope it flys as good as it looks.