Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: plans for enginemount

Default plans for enginemount

Does anyone have plans for an enginemount for a KF3 and Rotax 912 or plans for a jig to make the mount,
    I can buy a new mount but the shipping costs to The Netherlands are very high.

Default Re: plans for enginemount

I doubt you will find plans. The Kitfox engine mount design is one of the patented parts of the airframe. The hard points on the engine are four near the aft edge and four forward. The original mount used the top two on the aft end and the bottom two on both aft and forward because top and bottom engine sections were not connected. The ring mount uses the aft four.

I made my own engine mount because I wanted to reposition the engine forward a bit for W/B considerations. I researched the thrust line and then positioned the engine on a rigid engine stand where I wanted it in front of the leveled and stabilized fuselage and then filled the gap. I had a bit more room than you will have and made up a ring type mount. The rubber isolaters were made from urethane rubber in homemade molds.

Lowell

Here's a link to an EAA "Hints for Home Builders" short video that shows the basics for making a Jig to weld up a motor mount.
    http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=16346696001
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Hi Eric, you might check into the Raven planes it's a Kitfox clone that was plans built whether the mounts are the same or not I don't know.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ