Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Painting flaperons

Default Painting flaperons

Getting ready to paint my flaperons and need some suggestion on how anyone has hung them to enable you to paint both sides in one spraying. I do not want to have to paint one side and have to let it dry and turn them over to spray the other side.

Default Re: Painting flaperons

...and while thinking about this one, I got another: how to prevent paint from getting between the hinges??

I hung mine (SS7)between two step ladders by the hinges. Shoved masking paper down around the bearing to keep paint out and pulled the paper out with hemostats after painting. Just watch out for paint build up on the trailings edges. I used Aerothane on the flapperons.

Dick B

I hung mine in my garage by the brackets. They hung at an angle that was perfect for spraying the top and bottom without having to touch them. I draped plastic from the ceiling and made a make-shift paint booth. I used Defleet Essentials paint which my 5 year old could spray and it will look like glass when dry. I didn't worry about the little bit of overspray that went in the slots.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images