Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: fuel line from header tank to firewall.

Smile fuel line from header tank to firewall.

I'm running fuel line from the header tank behind the baggage comp., down over the flaperon control and under the seat, below the door is where I get lost. I've looked at completed KF Classic IV's and the fuel line is concelled, in most of them, are they ran under the floor boards? Does anyone have pictures? Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    D.E.

Default Re: fuel line from header tank to firewall.

Dewayne,

In my original project - 1993, I put a Facet pump just below the header tank. The header tank was behind the baggage sack as yours is. I ran 5/16" aluminum from flare fittings to the fuel valve. It ran down then under the seat at the side, then up the forward door post to the valve. I can take a picture of my current project and show you the the run. This time, the header tank will be behind the passenger seat as is customary now.

You could run rubber line the same way if you chose.

Lowell
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HighWing; 07-12-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Default Re: fuel line from header tank to firewall.

Howdy All;

I have always mount my fuel pumps on the engine side of the firewall, Either on the firewall or on the engine, typcially just after the gassolator, which is also mounted on the firewall. Is there a reason to mount the fuel pump in the cabin of a model 4? Seems it might be better (safer ??) to mount it outside the cabin.

Roger