Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Service Bulletin #60 in effect

Default Service Bulletin #60 in effect

Please visit our web site for access to Service Bulletin #60.

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/Service%20Bulletins.htm
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Service Bulletin #60 in effect

John , I also copied your S.B. #60 to the Reference section on our forum.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

i was wondering if anyone has done the acetone rinse per item 4 of the service bulletin , wing on the plane and the engine has been run ? i have one tank thats been installed for about a year and probably 150 hours on it with no problems .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Yes, I did version #4 of S.B. 60. I grabbed a wing tip and rocked the wings as much as I dared. The wheels were jumping off of the ground. I'm now testing one wing with Avgas to make sure that I have all of the BSS out of the tanks. I hope to do first flight next week, after several more engine runs on the ground to ensure that my carbs are clean. Bruce Estes

cardinal flier , you actually had a problem so did you replace the fuel line ? did you do anything about rensing the header tank ?
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I sloshed the fuel tanks, replaced most of the fuel lines, checked all of the lines for contamination, cleaned the header tank, cleaned the carbs (again),and added inline disposable fuel filters in the tank outlet lines. I ran the engine several times off of the header tank, while the wing tanks dried completely. Then, ran the engine using the wing tanks feeding the header tank. Then, cut open the disposable inline fuel filters, checking for contamination ( there was NONE). Ran the engine some more, on the ground, and then checked the carbs and intake manifolds for evidence of the BSS, Again, there was NONE. I've probably run the engine for more than an hour, total, since complying with SB 60, and all appears to be in order. Hopefully, first flight is next week. Bruce Estes

bruce , looks like youve done about all you could to insure the system is clean . i was wondering what desposiable filters you used ? not too happy with the ones im using .
    good luck with the first flight , its a really big event , something to be proud of .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I purchased the filters from my local Napa Auto Parts store. They are a clear plastic filter, with a pleated paper element. I cut the plastic housing to check for contamination on the element, similiar to the technique used on an oil filter for the engine. The Kitfox goes on the trailer tomorrow in preparation for transport to the first flight airport. Bruce

thanks bruce . maybe you know this , but ive never seen it in writting . be careful unstowing the wings and installing the forward pin . the wing can go too far forward past the point where the pin holes line up and contact the windshield . ive seen a winshield cracked because of this . have fun
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa