Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Who has used this connector?

Default Who has used this connector?

The connector shown below connects the A & B ignition modules to a shielded wire that terminates at the starter. The insulation was stripped back, the exposed shield was twisted into a ground wire and then soldered. The male end of the connector had wings at the trailing edge that were folded over onto the .25" piece of exposed center wire. A touch of solder secured this (no globules of solder left).
    This male end is to be secured into its own housing which then snaps and locks into the plastic housings near the ignition modules.
    1.jpg
    It is easy to see that these male ends have little tabs or wings that fit/lock into the plastic housing.
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    As it is, it will not go into the housing and lock... note there is a forward
    (short) wing at the front and another wing (a bit longer) behind it.
    The Question:
    B-4 I go and try bending that rear wing, does anyone know if that is the requirement for this thing to snap in? Since they only supplied two of these pins, thought I'd be safe rather than sorry.
    Thanks
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Who has used this connector?

ok...got it fixed. Had to beat my head against the wall first, then got a bigger hammer. That always works
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

dan , nice you firgured it out . i dont seem to understand what its function is , terminating shielding at the starter ? i dont have anything like that .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Chuck,
    Yea, after I posted it Steve pointed that out to me...it should have read terminating at the starter switch...oh well. They are dun
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ