Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Firewall seal

Default Firewall seal

I need to replace part of the rubber gap seal around the firewall on my model IV. Does anyone know the part # and where it can be found?

Thanks

Default Re: Firewall seal

The only gap seal the factory offered was the firewall blanket that was cut a bit oversize and fit like the rubber strips that sealed the baffeling on an aircooled engine. As I recall, the plans called for marking the firewall's exact location against the cowl and then run a strip of common hardware store weather stripping on the mark inside the cowl. Another option is to get some U channel rubber edging and with the firewall on, slide it agianst the firewall and mark it's location and glue it in place. Aircreft Spruce has a selection that might work, That is my plan on my current project. There might be other ideas.

Lowell

Default Re: Firewall seal

Yep, that's the stuff. Open center channel from Aircraft Spruce. P/N 05-01500

Thanks Lowell...