Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flight instruction

Default Flight instruction

My Kitfox is ready to Fly but I need to get current and certified in a Kitfox but there are no CFIs around me that are certified in a Kitfox . How did you guys get started flying your planes? Is there a list of instructors anywhere? I know stick and rudder aviation does it in Idaho but I am in NY state.

Default Re: Flight instruction

You might give a call to Paul Leadabrand at Stick & Rudder and see if he knows someone teaching in a Kitfox out East. It seems like I heard that he sold one of his older flight school Kitfox's to a flight school on the East coast. Maybe I am dreaming, but its worth a try.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I have been talking to him but he did not mention it . His weather is too iffy this time of year he said.

I did find a fellow KF guy that is a LS Cfi near me but my 7 is certified at 1550 so I am not sure how that effects the training I am already private pilot but need to get current.

Doug at Skyboys Aviation LLC. P96 Jerseyshore,Pennsylvania 570-939-7093 you can see info on his Facebook page
    David McCormick
    Kitfox Classic IV powered by Jabiru 2200
    Based at Jersey Shore, Pa P96

Do they have a kitfox to train in?

Hi. I’m having the same issue..... How do fly a new certified kitfox 4 for the 40 hours if you can’t train in it and nobody around has Kitfox experience.
    I’m in Dutchess NY

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I did find a fellow KF guy that is a LS Cfi near me but my 7 is certified at 1550 so I am not sure how that effects the training I am already private pilot but need to get current.
    LSA Kitfox and 1550 Kitfox will fly the same. I did my tailwheel endorsement in a LSA Kitfox in Texas... If you want that guys info, let me know. Good luck.

I went through this also. I figured for an extra level of safety spend the money on a flying vacation to Idaho. Go to Stick and rudder . They specialize in only kitfox training and can answer your question about the 40 hours. I could not find anyone on the east coast. I have a couple local instructors with KItfox time but no airplane and I don't have insurance son mine to rent it. Stick and rudder is set up for what you need.

I put my 7SS in the FAA Additional Pilot program my CFI has Kitfox 3 and 7 time he flew the first 10 hrs with me

I have a lot of time and a fair amount if tailwheel time one thing I found was that the aircraft was a dream to fly, only a couple of snags in 10 hrs, the problem was ME

David Kelm
    7SS, Big Bore 912 iS, Garmin Touch