Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox in Northern Ohio?

Default Kitfox in Northern Ohio?

Hello,
    I’m a Private Glider Pilot in North Central (Cleveland area) Ohio looking to checkout a Kitfox in person. I have a few hours training in a Champ to get a sign-off to sport pilot, but I am likely just going to transition to ASEL this summer.

I’ve decided a model IV with 912 is my ideal aircraft, and I would like to check out a IV in person. I’ve posted on the Facebook group and checked the member map but I appear to be in a Kitfox dead-zone up here. I’ve even scoured the forum for all instances of “Ohio” with not much luck. I think I did see someone with a model 7, but think that may be too much of a gap from the IV that I could afford. Sure would be nice to try the plane on before driving hours to look at one for sale only to decide it's not the machine for me. Anyone have any leads on any “hidden” Ohio members?

Also killing me every time a Kitfox shows up for sale and it’s on the other side of the country. Between 12 vacation days a year and not wanting to spend $3K+ to move an airplane, I’m pretty much stuck waiting for something to pop up within a reasonable distance. Trying to attend Sun n Fun this year along with Oshkosh to meet some owners.

Thanks for any leads or info!

Eric

Default Re: Kitfox in Northern Ohio?

Eric,
    If you make it to Sun n Fun call me 863 221 8046. I am hoping to have my IV 1200 there (even if I have to trailer it)
    Bud
    IV Speedster
    912 UL
    IVO ground adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Davidson View Post
    Eric,
    If you make it to Sun n Fun call me 863 221 8046. I am hoping to have my IV 1200 there (even if I have to trailer it)
    Thanks, I plan to be there Either Saturday or Sunday.

I found 3 kitfox within an hour and a half drive of my home. None are a IV w/ 912, but it's a start I guess.

Anyone know if it is possible to search the FAA registry for an entire state? I've just been doing county by county and outputting a CSV file to search thru.

Here is a link to the FAA registry for Kitfoxes. You do have to go page by page though, it's not just one state, but whole country. JImChuk
    http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...ITFOX&PageNo=1