Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Headset jack location?

Default Headset jack location?

I searched around and didn't find any details on mounting headset jacks in the cargo area.

Should I just make a couple of mounting plates under the cargo cloth?

Default Re: Headset jack location?

Tim, I think that's what many have done. One tip if you go that way. Put both jack sets on the passenger side. It makes it so much easier to switch headsets if you have headset malfunction or It comes unplugged. No way to reach behind you if it happens during flight.
    I will be mounting mine into the sides of the center console using those nice pre-molded plastic recessed headset units from Aircraft Spruce. Keeps the cords out of the way of the controls and off your shoulders and is really nice when using oxygen. Less tangles with headset cords and cannula tubing.
    I've never liked headsets plugged into the instrument panel.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I don't like them in the panel either. I was thinking about them in the console too.

This is how I did mine, behind the seat. No wires in the cockpit, just in the baggage compartment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a photo of one of Paul Leaderbrand’s plane at Stick & Rudder. The Factory is putting them near the side pockets on both sides of the baggage compartment. Someone already posted an installation. I wanted to show this to you because it is an excellent place to also install a USB Charger. You can easily reach to charge a Phone, Computer Pad, or a camera in flight. Plug in a cord before your flight, when you need it reach over to the passenger side and get the cord plug in the phone and set it in the pouch to charge. One of these days, when I find my “Round Too It” I’m going to relocate my cigarette lighter from under the instrument panel to the passenger side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks. My USB charger is going inside my glove box in the back so I can stow the device being charged and reach my panel mounted ipad if needed while in flight.

I guess its decision time...what wire do you use from the radio to the headset jacks?