Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Canada's Remembrance Day

Default Canada's Remembrance Day

Thank you Canada.

Canada remeberance day.jpg

Millions of Canadians are gathering across Canada today to honour the brave men and women who have served and continue to serve their country.

image.jpg

Canada1-1024x822.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Canada's Remembrance Day

Thanks for honoring our veterans this Remembrance Day as you also remember your veterans. Thanks to all of those who have given so much, so we can enjoy this freedom.

Thank you for remembering

This Remembrance Day, I also reflect on the 205,000+ Dutch citizens who were killed during WWII. Over half of these deaths were Holocaust deaths and many more were due to starvation. The Dutch were the highest deaths per capita of all **** occupied countries. As a Canadian of Dutch descent, I am not only proud of the Canadian liberation of the Netherlands but I am also grateful. I have listened to my Grandma's stories of starving Dutch citizens coming to their farm begging for food. They always shared what they could as farmers were better off than people in the cities. She also told me stories of ****'s coming to their doors and having fear for their lives. We can not imagine literally fearing for our lives when there is a knock at the door. When you hear your own relatives stories of everyone's desperation, you realize these are not stories but living history that we must never forget.

We will remember them...

Amen to that Esser! As a US citizen born in occupied Holland, While my father was interned in a forced labor camp in Germany. My family and I will always be gratefull to the Canadian troops who liberated my home town (Leiden).
    Dutch.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

It was at the Nijmegen march, as a Canadian soldier (2PPCLI) , that I experienced how the people of Holland remember and honour the fallen.
    I was part of a ceremony at the war cemetery at Groesbeek , and I also recall quite a few large war cemeteries along the marches routes , a very impressionable and unforgettable experience.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW