Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabric needs

Default Re: Fabric needs

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    Yes, it is slightly translucent and you can make out the structure that it is contacting with strong back-light. The main reason that it is lighter I believe is because the finish "paint" is no thicker than it needs to be. The 6000 is probably a little more opaque than the 600 - I don't know for sure.
    John do you mean the 600 is more translucent than the 6000? From what I have read the 6000 is the heavier material. 6000 is rated to 13,228 lbs and the 600 is rated to 1323 lbs. Are you going to be using any of the Oracolor paint for trim?
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project

Kurt,
    You mentioneed the fabric weights available. The factory supplied the light weight non certified fabric with all kits sold through the Model IV. I have used it twice and would do it again. A buddy with a IV recovered after some wing damage with medium and the only benefit he mentioned was that his cat couldn't claw damage it as easily. If you are looking for light I would suggest light.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt.A View Post
    John do you mean the 600 is more translucent than the 6000? From what I have read the 6000 is the heavier material. 6000 is rated to 13,228 lbs and the 600 is rated to 1323 lbs. Are you going to be using any of the Oracolor paint for trim?
    Since the 600 is thinner, yes it does seem to allow a little more light to show through. I really only have experience with the white fabric. Other colors, especially the darker colors, may not be as translucent. I'm not even sure that translucent is a good term to use, as you don't really see any detail with BRIGHT light shinning through - just the outline of structure that the fabric is touching mostly. It's hard for me to describe accurately. I like the look fine. FWIW, I agree with Lowell that the light weight fabric should be great with the earlier mod. Kitfoxes... unless you feel the need to add some weight to your bird!
    I'll probably try some of the stick-on trim material, but if I don't use that I'll use some other flexible paint. Supposedly just about any paint is compatible with & adheres well to Oratex. I can get whatever I need locally.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime